Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with gaps

I just wanted to say that I tried flooding it with silver solder and it worked really well just one dot has gaps now although I was concerned that some of the dots had disappeared forever at one point! I'm working on using this technique again now and I've ordered a set of broachers and drill bits the size below my wire. Also ordered an Archimedes hand drill as below 0.9 I found the bow drill likely to snap the drill bit.

The Dremel is OKish if it has variable speed control, but one day you will be proud of your Foredom. The devil is in the learning curve, but the secret is to practice on cheap metal.
    Don't be shy to discuss any problems you have, Regards, Dennis.

I did originally use brass and copper but as a test run for the earrings and the wire I used was thinner and the gaps unnoticeable to the naked eye but I imagine they are there. Worst thing is when your test goes well on brass or copper then you mess up the silver! I did that last night have have uneven holes on my new design on one of the earrings :S I need to get better with marking the dots out and using the center punch! Lots of practise to do.