Thread: Looking for custom made steel hand stamp

Default Looking for custom made steel hand stamp

Does anyone know where I can get a steel hand stamp made with my own design on it?

I have my logo laser etched onto tags and thought it would be cheaper, in the long run, to get a stamp made up. I've enquired at the London Assay office and hoping to find somewhere cheaper...any ideas? Thanks N.

Check out this company in Sheffield; http://www.eyreandbaxter.co.uk/steel...type_dies.html, they may be able to make what you want, if not I am sure they will give you advice where to go.
    James

I would be interested to hear too ~ my laser tags are costing me a small fortune and I would love to be able to stamp my own work!! Can I ask what London Assay quoted you?

Me too, I'd like to stamp the stuff that wouldn't get hallmarked with my initials. Don't the assay offices let you retain your punch so that you can do it yourself on non hallmarky things? I'm sure the London office does. Hopefully only a few weeks until I register for my mark :-)

I had mine done at Infinity Stamps. They make different shaped tags in gold or silver. The delivery is very quick and the service is great too. The quality of the stamp is really good, I also bought a tag mate from them, which is a very hady tool.

Quote Originally Posted by NCursley View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get a steel hand stamp made with my own design on it?

I have my logo laser etched onto tags and thought it would be cheaper, in the long run, to get a stamp made up. I've enquired at the London Assay office and hoping to find somewhere cheaper...any ideas? Thanks N.
    Did you get a reply ~ I did initially but then they went quiet lol ~ maybe not their thing .... what would you say was the average size logo stamp ~ I thought about 5-7mm??

A friend had one made by these people to her own design for I think $25 extra. It is very good, I was very tempted, but their small is too big for me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STEEL-HAND...ht_2130wt_1141

Thanks so much for that ~ now only need to convert to mm lol!!

I've heard from the company James passed on ~ it works out about £96 (including a one of fee for the production) still thinking it through though...