Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: other suppliers

Default other suppliers

Could I ask for some guidance on the subject of posting links to other supplier websites?

I'm seeing a lot of recommendations for other sellers, and this seems to be slightly bad form to me - but I may be conditioned to other forums where it's not considered acceptable to recommend competitors.

Perhaps we could have a ruling on when it is OK to ask for/recommend alternative suppliers? Maybe for products not carried by Cooksons?

Thanks

Very good point - its a grey area innit?
    Di x

good question to ask as i was wondering the same ???

Hi all,
    Thanks for airing your concern Mizgeorge. We intentionally did not state any rigid rules in regards to posting competitor product links as we were hoping to see how things naturally develop and hope to moderate the content using our common-sense, as it is usually easy to identify individuals who are purely using the forum as a platform to promote themselves or deface our brand.

We don't mind members posting 'non-cookson' supplier links as long as they are occasional and appropriate. If we feel anybody is trying to sabotage our brand name by posting negative comments and directly deflecting business then they will be banned from the site with immediate effect.

We feel it is important to provide our community members with the freedom to express themselves and not 'rule with an iron fist 'as long as people do not take advantage and as long as it is not to the detriment of the company. However it is worth noting that this policy could be subject to change dependant on future conduct, but don't worry, we will warn everybody in advance.

We have also recently acquired another moderator (Nicola aka MuranoSilver) to keep an eye on proceedings in a bid to stay vigilant.

Hope this helps to give everybody a clearer understanding on this 'grey' area.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by apike View Post
    If we feel anybody is trying to sabotage our brand name by posting negative comments and directly deflecting business then they will be banned from the site with immediate effect.
    I've had a couple of run-ins with your company's customer service - and subsequent complaints about it were completely ignored. How would my mentioning that sit with "posting negative comments", please?

Default Forum Comment Conduct

Hi,
    I understand you may be a little frustrated if you have had a bad experience via our customer service, however it would be better for all concerned if you took these issues up with our customer service department directly. Alternatively, if you'd like to air an issue, please detail constructive comments in our new customer service forum located in the 'our products' category, third one down, and someone will get back in touch with you either via the forum or directly dependant on the issue in question. Please remember we are also using the forum to improve our customer service so constructive feedback is valued.

Hope this helps.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by apike View Post
    H...it would be better for all concerned if you took these issues up with our customer service department directly.
    Tried that. Those were the ignored complaints.

Alternatively, if you'd like to air an issue, please detail constructive comments in our new customer service forum located in the 'our products' category, third one down, and someone will get back in touch with you either via the forum or directly dependant on the issue in question. Please remember we are also using the forum to improve our customer service so constructive feedback is valued.
    Cheers Adam - that'll probably be a better route; and I can keep it constructive, honest

Default competition is healthy

Last edited by ben b; 13-09-2009 at 01:53 AM.

I totally agree with your comments Ben B. Competition is good, keeps everyone on their toes and gives everyone a little choice. (not too much, as that involves way too many decisions on price, quality, etc etc). I, also, spend my money with several suppliers, rather than solely on one and also don't like the big brother element that exists now - Tesco's is part of the Gov't anyway, so don't use them for that reason! Don't get me started .... its late and I'll be ranting for hours - never good to talk politics, is it! well not on a forum anyway, tho I do read some interesting, very funny and very rude forums on politics !

nightynight

Jules x

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Could I ask for some guidance on the subject of posting links to other supplier websites?

I'm seeing a lot of recommendations for other sellers, and this seems to be slightly bad form to me - but I may be conditioned to other forums where it's not considered acceptable to recommend competitors.

Perhaps we could have a ruling on when it is OK to ask for/recommend alternative suppliers? Maybe for products not carried by Cooksons?

Thanks

sure yes you could do this but first thing that is very important relationship you should make your honest mean.