Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cross-Promotion suggestion

Default Cross-Promotion suggestion

I know I'm only relatively new here, but I can't help but notice how many of us have blogs, websites, Facebook pages etc for our jewellery making - being media savvy creatures of the 21st century! I wonder if it would be beneficial for us to link to each other on our own sites? It'll boost your Google ratings if you have active links to your site for one thing. If we "like" each other's Facebook pages, then traffic there will be hopefully be boosted as well.

My addresses are in my sig and I'd happily link to you if you link to me! Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by gemheaven View Post
    Great idea and have fanned your page Mel
    thank you so much, I have reciprocated! :-) I found you on Twitter too...
    Last edited by Melanie De Castro Pugh; 19-07-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Hello!

I think its a great idea to help each other out and it is always nice to have friendly people around here to help each other out with questions etc!

Hi

I think thats a brilliant idea Mel and I've liked your link

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Butterfly View Post
    Hi

I think thats a brilliant idea Mel and I've liked your link
    Thank you, I've liked you back

I liked your page mel, but how the heck do you get your facebook page to 'like' another FB page? I only seem to be able to like using my personal account

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    I liked your page mel, but how the heck do you get your facebook page to 'like' another FB page? I only seem to be able to like using my personal account
    When you are in your personal account looking at your FB business page, you should see on the right hand side where the ads are and stuff a line saying "use facebook as ..... (business name). If you click this, you are then able to "like" other pages as your business facebook instead of your facebook account.

Hope this helps

Hi
    I don't know if anyone can help but I have a facebook page for my jewellery as you can see in my sig at the bottom, however I just wondered how I could make it facebook.com/ObsidianButterfly without all the gubbins thats after it now? I had read somewhere that you had to have more than 25 likes but I have seen pages with fewer likes but still a preoper web address. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Once you have the 25 likes you then have to change your username manually providing it is not already taken. I did it just the other day having been in the same boat as you and thinking it would change automatically.

edited to add: by change I mean opt for username go to edit page then basic information and then you will see the username option.
    Last edited by Kwant; 20-09-2011 at 08:14 AM.