Thread: Banging on about the Jumprings

Default Banging on about the Jumprings

Hi, I am still having difficulty cutting the jumprings, tried the way that MizGeorge advised, and that was a complete failure, I think perhaps my grip isnt as strong as hers, although I have made another "V" in my bench peg, and I will give it another go. Has anyone out there got a Koil Kutter, because I think that may be the route I will have to go down eventually, if they are any good. Hey, I have just noticed I have gone from a Junior Member to a Member, thats progress isnt it, I dont feel so "new" now.
    Pat

Pat, I have two Koil Kutters and have also used a jump ringer and the pepe system. If you decide to go down that route, I know Dave strongly recommends a proxxon hobby drill to power the system rather than a flexshaft. I tried the proxxon and still prefer my dremel, which has a higher speed (though slightly less torque). I've never bothered to get the foredom adapter as it didn't appear to do as good a job. I hand cut by choice rather than necessity!

If you wanted to try one out before you buy, you're only a couple of hours down the M5 from me and you'd be welcome to come and have a go - and I'd be happy to see if I can sort out the hand sawing bit for you at the same time if you like.