Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blank sterling silver round discs and stamping

Default Blank sterling silver round discs and stamping

I was wondering if anyone could help me at all? I am hoping to make some stamped discs and hence am after a supplier for the above, think i will need round blank discs (approx 2cm in width) and preferably with a precut hole! Also i would like to stamp these with an informal lettering style, all the ones i have are very standard uppercase fonts (bit dull looking). There are some companies in the US where you can get your own letter stamping set produced, is there such a thing in the UK?

Hi ellens,

I think you can get plain round discs from cooksons, and I know Rashbels sell them. Not seen any with a hole in them but you can easily make your own hole using a steel pin.

The stamps over here are pretty basic. I thin I saw some more fancy ones on a beading forum and there is someone on etsy who sells some. getting your own set made up is pretty pricey. Like £200+

I don't know about the letter stamps but you can easily cut your own discs with a disc cutter.

Rio Grande have silver tags with holes ready made,http://www.riogrande.com/MemberArea/...silver%20disks .
    They are a pleasure to deal with and you might also browse their stamps. Dennis.

are rio grande ok for sending stuff to the uk or are they very pricey in terms of postage?

Rio is brilliant sending stuff to the UK. They charge approx $40 to send UPS (takes only approx 2 days!) or something like $38 for USPS (takes about 3 weeks :-( .

Yes, but unless you are in a tearing hurry, ask them to send by US mail. It takes about two weeks, but is miles cheaper. Yesterday I found by accident that Palmer Metals also have a few dog tags here http://www.palmermetals.co.uk/shop/s...-findings.html . They are near the bottom of the page. Hope this helps, Dennis.

Are you referrig to the same order lilia? Does not seem right to me. Yesterday I did discover a UK company that had a few dog tags, but on reflection they are too puny for stamping.

My previous post giving a URL for this is awaiting consent by a moderator, but I trust will now be deleted.
    Last edited by Dennis; 08-07-2011 at 01:26 AM.

HI Dennis, I usually ask them how much it would be to send by UPS and USPS. In the last two orders they quoted me very similar shipping charges (UPS around $40 and USPS around $36-38). With the last order, I asked them to send the package by USPS, as I didn't need it in a hurry and it was a couple of $$ cheaper (and I was secretly hoping it would go through the customs without being noticed). So the package took almost 3 weeks to arrive and it did get caught by the customs :-(.

With the tags, you probably better off buying a disc cutter, as you can stamp out your own discs of various diameters. It doesn't take much time to drill a small hole or you can buy some hole punching pliers - this way you can say that even the tag is handmade :-)