Thread: Newbie but Aspiring Wire-working and Jewel-crafter

East Midlands but originally Liverpool which is where home really is.

Default Newbie but Aspiring Wire-working and Jewel-crafter

Hello there my name is Jules and although I'm totally and utterly green to jewellery making, I'm very keen to try it indeed. I think it'll be something that I enjoy as I already do crafty type things (needlework, cross stitch & tapestry) and enjoy those. I also love window shopping for, looking at, giving, receiving and wearing jewellery, especially silver. Like all girls, I love a bit of sparkle and think I can combine this with a desire to rediscover my creative side.

Am looking forward to being able to make some nice things for myself, my family and friends, maybe even acquaintances and paying customers, far in the future.

So far I've bought a few books on various types of jewellery making (which made me decide to work primarily with wire and a few beads rather than being a pure beader), watched some online videos, found some good beginners techniques and projects and can't wait to get my hands working.Ordered my beginner's tool set stuff, a couple of packs of sample wires in copper and plate in different sizes and some beautiful beads over the weekend and am just waiting for my wire to arrive now.

Hope in time I can come to be as knowledgeable about jewellery making as you all seem to be. Thanks in advance for helping with the silly questions I might be asking fairly soon.

Jules

Hi Jules

Welcome to the Forum. I've not been on it long, but I've had some absolutely great advice.

Pauline
    x

Hi Jules and welcome!

Sonia
    x