Thread: Real Oak Leaf Necklace - 16" Sterling Silver Snake Chain

Default Real Oak Leaf Necklace - 16" Sterling Silver Snake Chain

Here is my latest creation. Enjoy!

Real Oak Leaf Necklace - Copper, 16" Sterling Silver Snake Chain
    Pendant Size:
    Heigh 7cm
    Width 4cm

Spring is here so I am out collecting leaves. The leaf was given a thick copper coating making it strong and durable.

A real Oak leaf was picked from the tree and electroformed (copper plated) by us. I carefully did this to preserve all of the detail in the leaf like its veins and edges.

The Leaf is finished with a high polish to bring the copper to a bright shine. Finally I lacquered the leaf to preserve the polish.

I matched the leaf with a 16" 925 Sterling Silver Snake Chain. I can also supply heavy curb chains and different sizes.

I have been really busy experimenting and refining the work. I am able to get really fine detailing with the leaves now. The results are becoming a bit more consistent too!

Hope you like the results!

Leigh

Hi Leigh,

Your electroforming is certainly perfect. I guess that doing it slowly enough is what counts. It just niggles at me that you are showing the leaf back to front. Could we look at the other side? Regards, Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 30-05-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Hear is the Rear!

Hopefully you can see this as I am having trouble embedding the pic.

Leigh

Yes thank you.

It looks as if the front of an oak leaf does not have enough detail to be interesting after electroforming. there must be leaves that do, like holly for instance, but imagine the Ouch factor! Dennis.

I made a holly and ivy necklace for Christmas and it looks great if it causes tiny tears of blood to drip from the wearers neck well hey there are the berries :0)

I think it looks pretty nice and i'm sure there are many people who would like to wear it. I'm going to take a look on your website for more details.

The oak trees here are still weeks away from producing leaves, I can't even see any shoots yet!
    Elaine at Mead Moon
    Mead Moon
    My Etsy shop