Thread: Barrelling problems

Default Barrelling problems

Hi,

i have one of cooksons double barrelling machines, it is about 18 months old or so. for the last 6-8 months it has leaked alot and i can only put a very small amount of shot and water in each barrel for it to run ok. I use it alot probably 10-15 times a week at least if not 30 times. How often are the lids in need of replacing, will this solve the problem or is it likely worn out, i have changed the belt on it within the last 3 months to little effect. Also groves have warn in the rotating bars of the machine.

I am tempted to by a bigger barrelling unit but obviously these cost alot more.

any advice greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Stuart

I am running the New York Marathon in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support Sponsor me at www.justgiving.com/stuartcolclough1

Hi Stu,

How are you? You are actually a heavy user and maight well need a higher spec machine, but if you phone Cookson Birmingham and ask to speak to some one who knows about their machines, they might give good advice or at least fund some new lids for good will. Sometimes human contact pays off 0845 1100 1122.

Glad you're busy, Regards, Dennis.

Is yours Lortone? I had a Lortone one and it started leaking after about a year. I now have a different one from Rio and had it for a couple of years now without leaking. I use it everyday, approx 1.5-2 hours a day.

If you would like to speak to someone about the different options, then the staff at Cousins in Birmingham (not their helpline though) or anyone at Walsh's or even Suttons would be a starting point. I tend to find that the folk at Cookson's, although, they are friendly and want to help, don't tend to know what they have in stock or how it is used etc and therefore unable to provide sound advice... just my experience...

Thank you everyone for your advice, sorry for the late reply i have been away at a couple of shows.

I think i am going to have to look at investing in a higher spec machine.

kind regards

Stuart