Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hello all.
    I'm Tim and have been making jewellery for quite a while, trained in the old school way.
    The last few years have seen me going down the CAD route using the 3design program. A whole new world of ideas and possibilities opening up.
    Having developed an unhealthy Mokume Gane obssesion I am currently gathering infomation to have a go myself.

Success with your projects.
    Tim.

Welcome to the Forum, Tim. I hope you will share some of your expertise with us, especially the old shool way. Dennis.

I second what dennis said, in both respects.

Welcome Tim! Mokume gane could be an expensive habit to have. You should chat to Peter (PSBond), he's made his own in the past :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Welcome to the Forum, Tim. I hope you will share some of your expertise with us, especially the old shool way. Dennis.
    I'll try not to sound like "no no no, you don't wnt to do it like that" "when I was a lad" old person.

Hi Tim, a big welcome to the forum, good to see new folk on the forum with lots to share!

Quote Originally Posted by Tee66 View Post
    I'll try not to sound like "no no no, you don't wnt to do it like that" "when I was a lad" old person.
    I wouldn't worry about that - personally, I'm very keen on being able to work from first principles. That said, I'm also a bit of a gadget junky...

As for the mokume gane - I'll chip in anything I can; I've seen some very interesting examples of mokume billets that have been milled with CNC systems, so that might dovetail well for you?