Thread: Art Copper Clay - Fingerprints?

Default Art Copper Clay - Fingerprints?

Hi Everone, has anybody tried doing fingerprint jewellery in Art Clay Copper? Or doodle jewellery for the matter! Is it possible, does it hold the print as well as silver clay? How do you make the print stand out (liver of sulpher again?!!) Just wondering wheter to branch out a bit and really grateful for advice. x

Hi,
    While waiting for those who do prints to reply, put 'clay finger prints' in the search box and you'll find that much of this has already been discussed. Regards, Dennis.

Default It works it works!!!

Thanks Dennis,
    I had a trawl, but info buried too deep and I am a bit impatient! So, spent the eve experimenting and have had the most wonderful results! Fingerprints are clearly defined, doodle stamps of hands and feet look great, torch firing a doddle (albeit very boring for so long - but then a g&t helped), all in all a wonderful success ........so far!! Prob beginners luck and the first customer order will be a disaster, but fingers crossed.
    Thanks for your help - always appreciated and I am sure I will be back! Off to bed now!
    Emma x

It's strange is'nt it how the second effort can turn out less well sometimes? part overconfidence and part sod's law.

I don't do clay but maybe you could take more than one print and then recycle the clay if not needed. Hope you do well, Emma,
    Regards, Dennis.