Thread: New product, your help & feedback please - More base metals from Cookson ?

Smile New product, your help & feedback please - More base metals from Cookson ?

We're known for our Silver, Gold, Platinum & Palladium bullion ranges, so when we introduced Copper Sheet last year we were really interested to see if there was any demand. After six or so months copper is becoming increasing popular as a viable alternative for many of customers to our precious range.

We're now looking at stocking other metals, so we have two questions we would like to ask -

1. What other metals what you like us to start stocking ?

2. Does anyone know of a source of brass or other base metal casting grain ?

The reactive metals seem to be quite popular; it'd need to be the whole shebang if you did that though - cleaners, anodising kit and the like.

My copper casting grain is usually snipped up wire or flattened pipe... I did have a possible source for bronze grain, but as they've been out of stock for about 2 years now, I'll not hold my breath.

Bronze sheet for me......and bronze and stainless steel wire.

Last time I looked, http://www.wires.co.uk weren't doing bronze wire in more than 0.5mm, which is a pity. What sort of thickness stainless did you have in mind, Lesley?

1mm to 1.6mm, and 0.8mm "surgical" for earwires.

Default Source of base metals.

I used to make an annual pilgrimage to a branch of Smiths in Dalston, London when they sold offcuts by weight, particularlyn for brass sheet and wire. Now they only sell larger quantities, but you might like to look at them here http://www.smithmetal.com/

I can post pictures again too. Regards, Dennis.

Brass and bronze for me please, agree with Pete though, need all the add ons......!!