Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yikes new Cookson website

I like it but I worry for my wallet because I'll have to have a proper good look round now!

works fine in firefox for me, though it seems to be a bit slower to load than before.

Thanks for the comments keep them coming,

I am particularly interested if anyone else is finding the site slower than before?

Regards

Adam Hunter
    E-Commerce Manager - Cooksongold.com

Quote Originally Posted by ahunter View Post
    Thanks for the comments keep them coming,

I am particularly interested if anyone else is finding the site slower than before?

Regards

Adam Hunter
    E-Commerce Manager - Cooksongold.com
    I just used the site this morning and hit a weird problem. I had put an item into my basket on Friday. Today I clicked on the "My Shopping Basket" link and it showed my the basket containing the relevant item, I clicked on the item's description to check something on it and viewed the item's details. When I then clicked on the "My Shopping Basket" link again, nothing happened, I clicked another time and still nothing, I clicked on the "My Account" link, it showed my account, then I clicked on the "My Shopping Basket" link again and it took me to the basket which I then completed buying. But it was a bit strange. I'm using my work laptop which is running Vista, but only IE version 7 so I don't know if that is relevant.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

I'm beginning to like.....except when I click on view my basket (especially over a weekend??), I get thrown out with an error, bit frustrating.

Thank you for keeping the basic structure - that really helps and was the heart of the old well-constructed site.

But for me its WAY too busy. I go on your site to buy things or get estimates of prices. I do not have time to go into a million little side avenues because they flash at me and they irritate me. You don't have a simple version hidden somewhere that I can just find your products without all that promotion do you? Please?

Am I alone in thinking you are aiming more to the hobbyist? I've been getting a feeling you've been heading that way for a while but the new site is really pushing in that direction.

When I'm tired after a run of shows possibly isn't the best time for you to launch the new site at me tho' . . .

The new site was slower for me as well at first, but it was better when I went on today. (using iMac with Firefox 4). I am really glad that the search function still gives suggestions - that is very useful and what I mainly use. The flashy ads are easy to ignore if you practise hard.

Forum is REallyyyy slow :-(

There is a glitch with the forum that is being looked into - what I'm seeing is a lot of dropped packets. I've no other info than that, I'm afraid.

Whenever I try to login to the forum I get an ad box telling me I have to fill in a questionnaire before I can proceed. Firefox bans it and then I get redirected to an ad agency site. I delete this before it opens and after that the google link to the forum loads just fine. Been happening for the past few days. Does this happen to anyone else?

Susie