Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yikes new Cookson website

Default Yikes new Cookson website

Just looked in at the main website and well that is going to take some getting used to after what had been a very clear and easy to use site.

Never mind getting used to, that's not even rendering properly here on Firefox.

Agree, the site is somewhat difficult to navigate from the first glance. I was used to their old design and knew exactly where everything was.

Thanks for the comments on the new website. After four years we felt that we needed to move with the times and make a change, and add a host of new features. We hope that the new website should be easier to use, we've taken advice from customers, and internet shopping experts, and whilst there are changes a lot remains of the old web site with a lick of paint, and a new back end systems to improve reliability in the checkout.

The navigation remains the same with the left hand product categories, the main addition in terms of navigation is the landing pages for each product category which detail all the sub categories, so for sheet it provides clear sub categories for silver, 9ct Yellow etc. The full product listing is still there just under view all products.

We've also added a host of new features including wish list , jewellery news centre, projects section plus a host of other bits and piece that should make buying on-line easier and quicker.

I understand that changing the site is a bit of shock, and may take a little of getting used to, but hopefully the improvements in the long term will prove a benefit and make shopping easier, quicker and more reliable.

I'm happy to answer any questions, and if any body needs any help please email me at adam.hunter@cooksongold.com or send me a message on the forum.

Peter
    We use Firefox in the office and all was working well today, and I'm not seeing any major rending issues on my own home PC, (and in our testing period FireFox didn't through up any problems) perhaps you can provide more detail or send me a screen shot along with any PC/Mac specs. and we'll try and sort tomorrow?

Regards

Adam Hunter
    E-Commerce Manager - Cooksongold.com

My first reaction is that I like it, it seems to be loading better for me than the old site has done in a while and its got rid of all the problems I had in the basket area last week. I LOVE the fact you have put the wish list on there, I often find things that I think I would like but can't afford/justify at the moment/need something else rather than just want this, and I can now put it on there. Then when I want it again I can find it.

Louise
    www.louisewestlacedesign.co.uk

And now, in the usual way of computers, it seems to be working fine for me Computers, don't you love them!

Corr Blimey!!!! That took me by surprise. Will have a proper look round when I get chance!

I hope the new site has less glitches than the last one, i don't know how many times i lost the whole shopping cart

Ha it must be infectious Palmers have been at it too :0)

Seems OK to me but I haven't tried it on Firefox yet. I've found it easy enough to explore and if it resolves the missing baskets issue then that's fine by me!