Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yikes new Cookson website

No, but for a week I have been unable to post any pictures as jpg files, not even very small ones or those I have used before. A message comes up 'Not a valid file'. Hence no new threads from me.

Dennis.

We're still having some problems with the forum and we are trying to resolve, but its proving difficult to track down the source of the problems. Although cooksongold had a revamp, the forum remains pretty much the same.

We aware of the photo problem thanks to Dennis alongside the speed issues. The redirect to another site we've not encountered and I'm not 100% sure its related to the forum. But we are working this weekend to try and resolve. Please continue to bare with us we hope to find a solution soon.

Regards

Adam Hunter
    E-Commerce Manager
    Last edited by Cristiana; 16-05-2011 at 09:01 AM.

I go that redirect thing the other day while doing a google search on a jewellery related topic, one of the results was a forum post here, just what I wanted I thought till it got hijacked with the questionnaire thing and then to another site which I closed immediately. I have never encountered it coming directly to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by susieq View Post
    Whenever I try to login to the forum I get an ad box telling me I have to fill in a questionnaire before I can proceed. Firefox bans it and then I get redirected to an ad agency site. I delete this before it opens and after that the google link to the forum loads just fine. Been happening for the past few days. Does this happen to anyone else?

Susie
    I just had it as well after clicking on the link in google

How odd. Same here when I go that route - but copying the link location doesn't do that. I suspect this is Google playing silly buggers, not Cooksons - there's some Javascript (Google's) being run when you click on the link, but I haven't picked over what it is actually doing yet.

I had wondered about it being a virus, but it only seems to happen with the Cooksons forum front page, no other links.
    Last edited by ps_bond; 16-05-2011 at 06:58 AM.

I had wondered about it being a virus, but it only seems to happen with the Cooksons forum front page, no other links.
    It could be that the site has been hacked and the script is set to display if it doesn't detect a cookie maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    How odd. Same here when I go that route - but copying the link location doesn't do that. I suspect this is Google playing silly buggers, not Cooksons - there's some Javascript (Google's) being run when you click on the link, but I haven't picked over what it is actually doing yet.

I just did a search on google and a few vbulletin forums have had it and it does appear to be a virus

New Zealand Forums was one that had it and removed it - thread here:

http://www.nzboards.com/helpdesk/dif...website-91859/

It might even account for the slow running of the site as well

Quote Originally Posted by geti-titanium View Post
    I just did a search on google and a few vbulletin forums have had it and it does appear to be a virus
    I'm digging through the reports on vbseo at the moment; whether it's a security flaw on the plugin or it is down to malicious code being added, I'm not yet sure. I had been thinking of a virus on the client side rather than server, thank you.

you're welcome Peter - you could also try searching the database tables for instances of 'base64'. This seems to indicate the existance of the virus - if you eliminate this, then it should be ok again.