Thread: Amythyst Pendant

Default Amythyst Pendant

Not sure if i have uploaded this before but I would love to know what everyone thinks of this piece? It's the first thing I have made in a while as i've had no workshop
    Since I was out of practice it proved to be a challenge but I think the challenge has had a good result.
    Hope you like it.
    Alison
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 028.jpg  

Dear Alison,
    Congratulations. You have been thinking of this pendant for a while and you have finally finished it.
    The best way to judge your work now, is to wear it and see whether it draws any comment when you are out and about. Better still, give it to a friend and see whether you still like it in weeks to come. One thing is certain: a year from now you will be trying out something totally different.
    Two things spring to mind:
    1.Take a look at various types of chain and see which complement your hand crafted pendant best.
    2.Think about making your own hook fastener and possibly adding a short extension chain at the other end, with large links so that it can be hooked at different lengths. Also you could finish that end with a few dangly beads.
    All this would add value to your work and show that you have gone the extra mile. Have fun, kind regards, Dennis.

Thank you Dennis, I actual gave the pendant to my friend for her birthday so we shall see if she gets any comments while wearing it. It's funny you should mention making my own clasp as this is something i've been thinking about recently. My next project is a necklace for my mum with fresh water pearls and lots of chain so i plan to try a clasp then.
    Thanks again for your comment, Alison.