Thread: What is barrelbrite?

Default What is barrelbrite?

I'm about to buy a 3lb barrel polisher. It says on the Cookson website that barrelbrite is hazardous - but it doesn't say what it is or how to dispose of it etc. I've tried to google but can't find anything. Having had experience of how hard it can be to dispose of hazardous materials (father was a potter and had lots of nasty stuff. Luckily I found a college who were more than happy to take it all off my hands!) I am now very careful about what I buy and don't really want to buy anything which cannot be disposed of easily.

Hoping someone here can help! Thanks

Ok - talking to myself here. I managed to find the safety data sheet here and it says clearly, do not wash into drains.

This is a problem for me as I am only doing this on a very small scale at home and I don't want chemicals which are difficult to dispose of. Are their any non-toxic alternatives I can use?

A lot of folk use washing up liquid, the milder and more additive free the better. You only use a drop or two when tumbling in any case, and it is diluted greatly in the water.

Thanks! I've found 'tumbler soap' on another website which sounds like it might be ok. Time to get the credit card out ;-)