Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hello all

Hello Carter, good to meet you
    Dragonfly (Lynne)

http://www.thedragonflycompany.com

for all things chain maille - supplies, chain maille kits and tuition

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup!

Quote Originally Posted by carter712 View Post
    ah yeah, harstad isnt far from where im at. havent been there yet though. but by september itll be nice,.
    oslo should be green and warmish. have you been to vigeland sculpture park? thats pretty cool.
    I haven't been anwhere. I'm phobic about flying and this is the first time I've left the uk by plane for over 15 years.

Brilliant way to break your phobia!! I hate flying too but definately go to the sculpture park and the marina area! There is a fab bead shop in Oslo too. We stayed there....totally by accident!

not sure if I'll have time, though I'd love to try and pick some old enamelled stuff up if I could find some reasonably priced (ha!)

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    not sure if I'll have time, though I'd love to try and pick some old enamelled stuff up if I could find some reasonably priced (ha!)
    haha,, i dont think 'reasonably priced' is in norwegian language or culture. but good luck anyway. its a beautiful county, just a shame it costs so much to see it.

I heard a pint of beer is like £9!

*cries*

oh yes!
    that is, a starting price of 9 pound.

Think of an English price and triple it!! Thats a good rule of thumb! You can't get away from it so you need to just go with it! I worried at first but there is nothing you can do so enjoy!!! The pizza's at Dolly Dimples and Pepes are the best!!!!

mmmmm... pizza!

I am hoping to try the local food. I hear it's fishy which suits me. But I fear I'll return not only sans hangover but half starved as well.