Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello all

Default hello all

hi there,

im australian living in the cold north of norway and am looking for information and tools for anticlastic forming. ive been making chain mail jewelery for about 8 months but found it hard to stamp my own creative touch to it and really want to get back to working with 'hammering' metal (i used to be a welder). i enjoy working with metal but am restricted to the kitchen table thanks to the weather and no garage here. so have brought down the scale of things from motorbikes and furniture to jewelry.

i have read some posts here where there are tools for sale for anticlastic forming but they are a little old. ill PM them anyway, but if anyone could recommend a person or persons that might be able to help me i would be very appreciative.

thanks

carter

I know nothing, but came to say hi and welcome.

also will be in norway in a week or so and am hoping it won't be too cold!

thanks

depends on where your going. the south should be nice by now. but up here in the north im still waiting for the snow to melt.

Hi Carter and welcome
    PS_Bond, on this forum, makes anticlastic stakes from Delrin and posted recently that he had bought a new block of delrin in order to make some more.
    Lorraine

thankyou lorraine,

yep ive seen his write up on here and PMed him. its taken me so long to find a good description of the process. and to find out the same person makes the tools... excellent! ill be banging them out soon.

Hi there,

WOW! I love norway! Where in the north?! I went to Tromso for my summer hols last year and went to Oslo and Flam for my honeymoon! I am totally in love with that country!

hi silver70,

near tromso. on an island out in the ocean. theres not much here to see. i prefer the south, better weather and more stuff to do. but it is always quite here, no lawn mowers, car stereos and traffic, so thats a big plus.

Quote Originally Posted by carter712 View Post
    thanks

depends on where your going. the south should be nice by now. but up here in the north im still waiting for the snow to melt.
    well Oslo next week and then in september, I'm on an Erasmus exchange witht eh university in Harstad? I was hoping for later in the year to catch the northern lights, but c'est la vie.

ah yeah, harstad isnt far from where im at. havent been there yet though. but by september itll be nice,.
    oslo should be green and warmish. have you been to vigeland sculpture park? thats pretty cool.

WOW I am totally jealous!! I can't wait to go back to Norway! Love it and so many craft shops! Hahaa! Oslo is gorgeous! I loved the Vigeland sculpture park, it is amazing!!! Spent a fab afternoon there, looking at all the brilliant sculptures and then relaxing and reading a book! I want to go now!!! *Scurries off to catch a plane!*