Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wearing jewellery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default wearing jewellery

I'm curious how many people here actually wear lots of jewellery. I realised that apart from one of my collars (which admittedly is about half pound in weight) I only wear my wedding ring and this increasingly battered silver deco ring and a tiffany cuff on a regular basis.

I seldom even look at other jewellery (partly because I don't want to subconsciously copy stuff) or want to wear it, but recently I've seen a few pieces and I actually really really want them.

So, do you wear other people's stuff on a regular basis or are you a showcase for your own talent?

never wear jewellery, not even my wedding ring, which is languishing in the bathroom somewhere
    Di x

doesn't mr moon cottage get grumpy? Mr Medusa gets sad puppyish if I don't wear mine.

Do you covert the work of others with a yen to wear them?

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    doesn't mr moon cottage get grumpy? Mr Medusa gets sad puppyish if I don't wear mine.

Do you covert the work of others with a yen to wear them?
    Nah, Mr Moon Cottage couldn't give a toss! I have 'Mrs Moon Cottage' written through me like a stick of Blackpool rock, wedding ring or no wedding ring ;-)

Do I lust over other's work. Yes, but for me I think it's more of an acquisition thing - I'd wear it to death for a week or so then it too would get left on the bathroom shelf
    Di x

I wear a couple of diamond rings and a sapphire pendant with my monogram on it, and never anything else. I like a lot of the things I make too but as the pieces I wear were given to me I would feel disloyal taking them off and cannot wear them all at once :0) as to the work of other folk, I see many things I like and would wear but then it would be rather a case of coals to Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    I wear a couple of diamond rings and a sapphire pendant with my monogram on it, and never anything else.
    The mind boggles.

The only jewellery I wear is a watch. I don't make anything for me, I make things for others to wear. Unfortunately, that holds true with the other things I make too - I could do with a couple of new belts, but I never seem to get around to doing them.

I like to wear jewellery when I have a good occasion. In everyday life I wear just a ring and a necklace.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    I always test drive my jewellery. Don't wear anyone else's.
    you don't cast yearnful eyes on the work of others and want to wear it?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    Nah, Mr Moon Cottage couldn't give a toss! I have 'Mrs Moon Cottage' written through me like a stick of Blackpool rock, wedding ring or no wedding ring ;-)

Do I lust over other's work. Yes, but for me I think it's more of an acquisition thing - I'd wear it to death for a week or so then it too would get left on the bathroom shelf
    I don't think that for me it's about possession, it's more that I seldom see anything I really like and when I do, I think I'd like to wear that!

and I have Mr Medusa's prints on my neck at all times, which are far more meaningful than a ring, so I don't get why he gets wierd about me not wearing it, but he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    I wear a couple of diamond rings and a sapphire pendant with my monogram on it, and never anything else. I like a lot of the things I make too but as the pieces I wear were given to me I would feel disloyal taking them off and cannot wear them all at once :0) as to the work of other folk, I see many things I like and would wear but then it would be rather a case of coals to Newcastle.
    that's why I always wear my tiffany cuff. it's outragous status bling, but it was a graduation present from my parents.

I suppose for those of you who are very accomplished, if you see something you really like, you could always re-create something similar for yourself. But I think even if I were that good, I'd want the original.

and you can all blame Denis for this thread. It was inspired by seeing Anastasia Young's work.

As an amateur, who made a vow on retirement never to do anything for money again, I am lucky that my friends and family are willing to wear my stuff. It also means that much of it has to be suitable for every day wear, but interestingly a fun brooch can give a lift to an ordinary anorak, or a necklace to a T-shirt.

I always test drive my jewellery. Don't wear anyone else's.