Thread: Hand and Footprint or even paw prints??? help please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hand and Footprint or even paw prints??? help please

Hi guys

I have been using silver clay for a while now mainly making fingerprint jewellery and am now wanting to try my hand at hand and foot prints, paw prints and maybey little pictures in the clay.

I am hoping someone can tell me what equipment I will need in addition to what I already have ie, general silver clay tools.

I was looking at a Photopolymer plate kit on cookson ref 700612. Can someone tell me what i need in addition to this kit to get me up and running? (i did call cookson but it didn't help much!)

Any advice would be good, Thank you.

Hi there,

It depends how you are going to make the prints really. I roll mine because I make them into... ummmmm rolls! (I need a better way to describe what I do!), so for me it's just a roller (I use an old glass cosmetic bottle) and some spacers and a mandrel to roll them around. If you are making pendants, then maybe put your cut plates in the bottom of the mould and press down?

I know a lot of people use silicone moulding compound to take the impression and then press the clay into that.

Nic (amongst others) has used photopolymer for PMC - http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/sho...dia-piece.html ; there's at least one external link in there about using it. Did you get a contents list for the kit by any chance?

Hi
    Will check out the link thank you. When I rang cookson they told me they couldn't tell me what was in the kit or what else i would need, but did confirm that I would need a UV light.
    Fingers crossed the link will shed some light thanks!

a good sunny day will work for fingerprints. The trick is to keep the angle of the light constant and make sure your negative is making really good contact with the plate.

Does anyone know how to make the hand and footprints small enough for a pendant please?