Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dichroic Glass in Sterling

Thanks guys, i certainly wont give up trying, i just get myself in such a state with frustration at not having the skills i want. Its very difficult at the college when there are 12 women all wanting the tutors attention, and i'm afraid i tend to sit back and wait for an opening, whereas they just kinda barge in lol.

The teaching at my evening class gives you the basics, as in sawing the metal, soldering, basic beading and setting stones in a piece of tube (i dont know the proper name yet) but things like my keyring the tutor took home to polish cos the big spinning polisher in there might have damaged a finer bit on it. I know that everyone else had started in the last September, so they were more with it, and i only started in the final term, but the same people seem to just keep re-signing up for the course, so it dosent really have a turn over for me to learn new techniques on. I dont know. Its local to me and my tutor is lovely, but i do wonder whether after i have completed a full year, if i will feel its beneficial to keep going at £75 term, or if i should look for something else to learn new stuff. I guess i will have to wait and see how i feel at the end of next July, and go from there.

I will try and scetch something Nic but kinda hard to make it look right. And i will post up some pics of the pearl necklalces i have done so far, the college projest and my spiral onyx/crystal set. (if i can pluck up the courage lol)
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

I know what you mean about evening classes. That's how I started and it was frustrating to begin with for the reasons you mentioned. I persisted though and by the end of the first year I found that I could begin to make things on my own without much help. By the end of the second year I felt I'd learned everything my tutor could offer and started out on my own with the help of books. Ten years on I'm running a thriving business.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    I know what you mean about evening classes. That's how I started and it was frustrating to begin with for the reasons you mentioned. I persisted though and by the end of the first year I found that I could begin to make things on my own without much help. By the end of the second year I felt I'd learned everything my tutor could offer and started out on my own with the help of books. Ten years on I'm running a thriving business.
    Thank you for that its a great encouragement
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away