Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Instruction manuals

Thank you Dennis! Will have a play tomorrow :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reamers.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	2861

I am horribly embarrassed, I bought these things thinking they would help me with gyspsy setting only to find on receiving them I did not even know which end to use and further I think after reading another thread on bead setting by James, Peter or Dennis, forgive me if it was you and not one of the aforementioned, that they are nothing to do with that kind of work. So I would be grateful to know what are reamers for? As that is what I think they are.

Reamers are normally used to bring a slightly undersized drilled hole up to a finished size. The thing I've used reamers for specifically is in making hinges - they're quite handy for getting the last little bit of the hinge knuckles aligned (once they're soldered in place). Chuck it in the handle, pointy end out, poke it in the hole you want to ream and turn by hand, backing out occasioanally to clear any swarf. There shouldn't be a lot of swarf though as they're only designed to remove very small amounts of metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Beginners would be eternally grateful. I bought a hobby drill from Cooksons which came with a multitude of attachments - none of which I have the slightest clue as to function !
    Amen to that!

Can anyone point me to some details for the hobby drill? I'll see what I can do.

Try Dremel.com or Dremeleurope.com, it will answer most questions.

Peter.

Measurements! I am living in metric world and everything out of that comes to me from different planet. So I wil go there to solv my problems:***(dot)sciencemadesimple(dot)net/conversions(dot)html
    Kitchenjeweller

Thanks Peter for the info on the reamers.