Thread: online-14 K gold filled wire and solder paste

Default online-14 K gold filled wire and solder paste

Hi all,

I am in Turkey and I couldn't find here (any..) solder paste for sterling silver. Here jewelers are using borax powder mixed with solder powder for soldering. I would appreciate if somebody would tell me where can I get solder paste (in syringe) online.

Also I was looking for an online store (if possible in Europe) where I can buy 14 K gold filled wire 18 gauge (pink and yellow color).

Thanks a bunch,
    Deniss

Here is some paste which you can buy from Cookson online http://www.cooksongold.com/Solders/M...prcode-PAT-100 no idea about goldfilled.

They do have others easy hard etc just search the rest of the site for solder paste, I don't know about delivery to Turkey, but they do deliver to me in France.
    Last edited by Kwant; 30-03-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: added info

Hi,You might have to go to Rio Grande USA for gold filled wire, but they are easy to deal with. Regards Dennis (with one s).

Palmers have goldfilled, but not in red.

http://www.palmermetals.co.uk/Wire/G...e/default.aspx

thanks everybody. It seems it is cheaper to order from US. Now I have another question: what solder should I use for gold filled wire.

You can't really solder gold filled wire. I know there are people in the US who do, but they're ending up with bare brass wire after the plating's been burned off. You'd have to relplate after finishing the piece, so it doesn't really matter what solder you use as it will be covered by the replating!