Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Website

I'd recommend if possible squeezing the bench somewhere into a more open space to get new pics. It is a pain in the backside, but well worth it. I'd still go for some closeups to see the workmanship as well. It doesn't matter if they are 'just' workbenches or made of pine or mahogany, a well made joint is a well made joint.

there are some good (and bad) pics here. These came up in google search because they have alt tags for jewellers bench as well.
    http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=jew...w=1073&bih=652

I get the prices are based on the time taken plus costs incurred, but don't understand why shelves on one bench are cheaper than shelves on another bench. And to be honest I thought the basic bench with the shelves for £20 extra must be a mistake. I can't see anyone making wooden shelves and making a profit for that price.

You need to say what the tops are made of on the website and also that other options are available.

and I disagree with joe about the top price being too high. if it were factory made in thailand, maybe. hand made over here, absolutely not.

But the biggest problem you have, is the site is far too slow to load. It might be worth forking out and getting your own site so you can control how fast it loads not to mention have much more flexibility.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prototype Bench 2 023.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	2850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prototype Bench 2 028.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	2851Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prototype Bench 2 011.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	2852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prototype Bench 2 002.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	2853Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prototype Bench 2 022.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	2854how about these then, we took the bench apart and did more pics, also the upgrade of the bench top
    Love and light,
    Maggie[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT

those are much better and clearer, though 4 is out of focus. I'd still like to see the construction on the drawers, but then I'm a bit of a drawer obsessive. If you can stand a little further back and crouch down, you won't get the bendy legs either. and if you have space to not have it tight in a corner then it will look bigger and better as well.

I should say that Mr Medusa is a photographer, so I have had this kind of stuff hammered into me for over 20 years.

Unfortunately, I don't have the room for your suggestion, so I think that I will just have to work with what I have for the moment, anyway thanks Medusa for your feedback. In my dream world I have a nice big studio with lots and lots of room, maybe when I grow up I shall have this................ah well we can all dream eh!! and this is something that won't cost anything lol!!
    Love and light,

Is it me or are there loads of us local? Wisbech, Spalding, peterborough etc?

Only advice for your site is what has been said already. Pictures could be much more better. Different angles, backgrounds, close-ups. Having a dedicated website rather than a free one too. But you have a great product there so maybe that will sell itself!

Leigh

Unfortunately Leigh, I don't have the funds to have a website I need to pay for, and my knowlege of building a website is beyond me at the moment. It was my friend that did the one I have, so for that I was very grateful. So whereabouts in Wisbeach are you???? I have lived in Spalding for approx 4 years, and I have just found a place in Peterborough where a bunch of like minded individuals meet every Monday evening. You can find them on facebook under Handmade in Peterborough, they are a nice bunch of people. Just had a look into your website, and I love your stuff.......may I ask you a question about the copper, what do you use to stop the coper from going dark? do you use varnish or something else????? I have some recycled copper that I would like to use coz silver is just too expensive at the moment.
    Love and light,

Hiya Maggie, long time no see. I'd recommend using some rennaisance wax to stop copper from becoming tarnished. You just put some onto the piece with a cloth and polish it and it should be fine.

xxxx
    Jules

thanks shweetie, appreciate it, how the devil are you my dear??????give Baz our love xx
    Love and light,