Thread: Polishing glass

Default Polishing glass

OK, well not really glass but enamel. Sometimes I get little bits of enamel where they shouldn't go so the obvious thing to do is grind them down, but then it means I have to fire the piece again. usually this isn't an issue but sometimes I don't want to fire again. So if I take the enamel down, how can I get the polish up again? It it even possible to polish glass in this way?

Hi Liz, you can get a certain way with rubber wheels and Micropore. After that, try diamond paste on felt mops for flex shaft. Chaperlain and Jacobs sell a small kit of diamond paste and two felts (CJS 156A). Several companies have ready impregnated felt wheels, called Polygold 2000. In each case they go on a mandrel with a screw.

I don’t do enamel, but have used them from time to time when I have accidentally marked a gemstone, so I don’t know whether you will be satisfied with them . You can also look at lapidary supplies. Dennis.

cheers Dennis, I got it down some way using micromesh. It's only a tiny bit but it's bugging me!
    Last edited by medusa; 21-03-2011 at 07:54 AM. Reason: typo