Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can anyone recommend a book for making clasps with metalclay?

the Netherlands in the summer, Spain in the winter

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Like 's' clasps, and hooks and modified hooks - but not in fine silver. It just isn't strong enough. Even less so made from metal clay. The only obvious designs would be magnetic - you can buy kits and components for these (about half way down this page - http://www.hattiesanderson.com/HattieS-Products.html )
    I like the s's too but I am going for the magnetic I think. Found also an idea on the site of MCA, thanks anyway

the Netherlands in the summer, Spain in the winter

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    I tried to edit my last post to add a pic it did not work so here goes again

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12340604@N02/5547676619/
    I see what you meant. By the way I liked that necklace. What kind of metalclay you used?

That is true Dennis but I do not imagine for one moment James expects his beautiful flowers to be thrown in the back of the family volvo with a bag of gravel some paving slabs and a tray of winter pansies.For the most part I do make things that will stand up to wear and tear but I rather suspect a toddler swinging on most items is going to cause breakage and perhaps those in that position would be best to stick to goldfilled and stainless steel. I must say though I was sad to hear of your loss, i.e the ring in the post, but having said that your replacement was to my mind very much more accomplished and clean.

As to spring yes, we have pretty much all the daffs out, the lily of the valley has gone mad and is breaking through the lawn everywhere, my service tree is about to bloom which is truly one of my favourites but it lasts not but a week, camellias of which we have about twenty or so have been flowering since the beginning of December, though in truth that is just a white one which is always early and so suffers a bit from burning, the rest are, fingers crossed, safe from frost.