Thread: Zen doodle cabochons

Default Zen doodle cabochons

I read and learn here regularly but don't have much to share as I'm only a beginner.
    Today I've something to show you. Recently I had a sheet of Zentangles made into decals.
    Here are the results, you can read more on my blog if you are interested in the process
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jilldoodles2 015.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	2782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	070.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	2783
    Last edited by jille; 03-03-2011 at 04:25 PM.

They're truely beautiful Jille, but now you have to bite the bullet and turn them into jewellery or, for a bigger picture invite a commercial jeweller to do so. Dennis.

Jill - I just looked at your blog. Love the doodle decals - they look fantastic on the mugs etc. and I love the chicken mug!

Those are lovely - and trigger a few different ideas. The obvious ones are bezel set or drill & install a tube rivet for hanging, but depending on how resilient the surfaces are, they could possibly be inlaid into a belt buckle in a mosaic arrangement?

That said, a bag of them as some sort of casting stones could be fun too.

Thanks for the comments, yes I will have to do something with them now. I can make a bezel setting for them, or try wire wrapping which I'm not very good at. Peter i have some jewellery cabs that have a hole in already, i like the idea of a tube rivet but don't know how to do that. I'm thinking that you would have to be careful you don't crack the cab. These ones are bone china and much stronger that porcelain ones.

The 2 ways I know are to either use doming punches on opposite sides of the rivet and tap them until the tube flares, or stick a suitable burnisher into the end of the tube and rotate it to flare the rivet, one side at a time. For anything fragile, I'd probably go with the second approach (or get a feel for the hammer approach with something sacrificial).

thanks Peter

they look great. I love the way they have been applied onto other forms of china in your blog as well. they kind of remind me of that china you used to get in the 50s and 60s, homemaker?