Thread: Lost....

Default Lost....

Hi All,..I live near Nottingham
    A quick shout..just joined the forum..02/2011..trying to work with copper ...but....not sure how to begin properly....spoke to Dennis....he kindly pointed me to the ideas..idea...thanks for that....any other hints welcome...
    Mikki

hello!

I'm also new. what kind of stuff do you want to make in copper?

Hi Medusa,
    I am looking at brooches..bangles only..at the moment....trying these..before silver...I have made 3 rings..1 bangle in silver...and you ??

Mikki

Hi Mikki,

I cast silver and also mangle it. I should practice on copper first. post pics?

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    Hi Mikki,

I cast silver and also mangle it. I should practice on copper first. post pics?
    What casting method do you use?

regard

Stuart

I should clarify, I don't personally cast it, I send it to a place in Brum. it's basically lost wax, though I'm casting seaweed so it's a bit more unpredictable!

Dear Mikki,

If you are still lost, I would suggest you get some books with projects suitable for beginners and work on them in copper. If you can also join a course you will have a chance to try various more expensive tools and the advice of a teacher.

Two easy books, which I have mentioned before are:
    Tips and Shortcuts for Jewellery Making, Steven O'Keefe. Two-In-One Manuals Jewellery, Madeline Coles.

I hope you will not be disheartened and soon present us with some pix of your work. Kind regards, Dennis.

Hello Mikki,

I'm between Nottingham and Derby...
    Just started an interesting 6 weeks course in Derby, working on cuttlefish casting at the moment.

Louise

Hello Mikki, I'm new to this forum too...
    Guess so far, so good...I'm just browsing topics and all...and it sounds interesting..