Thread: problems with event organisers?

Default problems with event organisers?

Hi

just wondering if anyone has had any problems when trying to book fairs?
    I asked to book 3 dates last night, i specified the dates, i was told they were fine and was send the form to post off with my cheque. they emailed this morning after posting my cheque first class, to say someone had paid by paypal this morning and taken my space. is this right????

i wasnt even given an option of paypal, it seems so unfair they didnt even wait for my cheque for 1 day!!

just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? i certainly wont want to book through them again!

does anyone have any links to fairs i can look at? im in the leeds area. it was all season events that i have tried already

Claire
    Claire x

Hi,

unfortunately things like this do happen. It is very difficult to get into most events with jewellery as they book up fast or rebook from the previous year. Most of the events i am now on had to be booked in November-December. Alot of events you just have to keep asking about. Sorry i cant be of more assistance, do keep trying.

Stuart

What Stuart says is true. You have to keep plugging away to get into the best shows if you're a jeweller.

thanks , ill keep trying!! i just don't seem to get any reply when i enquire, not even a no!
    hopefully ill get a chance when more dates come up!
    Claire x

where are you looking for events?

regards

Stuart

im looking in the leeds area, ive tried stallfinder, yorkshirefairs a few other sites. ive just been accepted for 1 fair woohoo! so thats a start. im completely new to the fairs as ive only had my jewellery in a shop before! so any advice would be appreciated!
    thanks
    Claire x

Its really hard these days Claire - hope you go well at your show, but don't take one show as a pointer to the future, more a start of the learning curve.

Some organisers are truely dire. I booked with one 'character' who confirmed my booking and then cancelled it a month or so later. In his small print he had a clause to say that he could cancel exhibitor bookings up to 24 hours before the show!!
    We had a 'frank exchange' by emails and I warned as many people on the circuit as possible about him.
    I don't think he's around still. But its a warning to check out the terms of an organiser new to you!