Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Cook Book - Your Opinion Counts

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Erm... Vancouver's in British Colombia. It's fairly close to the border, but I don't believe it's been annexed yet. It's not Hawaii, after all...
    I thought More534 must have been referring to Vancouver, Washington since he/she commented the company had moved and it was American.

I have the Cookbook, but rarely use it. No room on my work top. I prefer online, but the search function is awful and I hate the way it's set up for mobile with no option to look at products side by side (like ebay function for gallery view.) So basically, I take a stab in the dark and hope what I want shows up. I'd prefer the Cookbook and would use it more if it was split into two or three volumes. One volume for the beady stuff and polymer clay and related findings and tools. One book for bullion (including findings, chain, etc.). One book for tools. Or combine the last two.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    You can order the Cookbook on line Sandra, if I remember it's free with an order over a certain amount
    I have never had one either, but as a hobbyist my orders are a bit few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey View Post
    I have the Cookbook, but rarely use it. No room on my work top. I prefer online, but the search function is awful and I hate the way it's set up for mobile with no option to look at products side by side (like ebay function for gallery view.) So basically, I take a stab in the dark and hope what I want shows up. I'd prefer the Cookbook and would use it more if it was split into two or three volumes. One volume for the beady stuff and polymer clay and related findings and tools. One book for bullion (including findings, chain, etc.). One book for tools. Or combine the last two.
    That's an idea that's been brought up a few times recently Stacey and I agree. It would be great to have the original Cookson catalogue of just tools, metal and findings and another of all the rest. Curteis have recently done just that as I was sent their finished jewellery catalogue yesterday ( wasted on me) and their chains a while back. They say they have split their products into 3. There's no endless searching then. Wish Cooksons website was more specific, a search for something can come up with so many unrelated items, usually crafty!
    Last edited by CJ57; 29-10-2015 at 05:18 PM.

lol.

Rio Grande is American, Lacey is Canadian.
    Lacey is now only in Vancouver BC. (British Columbia Canada.)

the shipping costs and $$ conversion are crazy. and I don't really order all that much. Will make a jaunt to Robert Hall sometime soon.

I've also got a local bead shop convinced to at least carry some PMC3 silver, and even some silver wire, although in a very fine gauge. Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    I thought More534 must have been referring to Vancouver, Washington since he/she commented the company had moved and it was American.
    Ah... Fair enough. I looked up Lacey first and carefully forgot about Vancouver, Wa.