Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Cook Book - Your Opinion Counts

Default The Cook Book is great

There's very little wrong with the Cook Book but it used to have a wire bound spine that made it easy to keep the pages open when placing orders by phone. It would be nice to have it back!

I predominately order online, but still find the cookbook useful for reference, product info and identification of a wishlist (turned pages) and comparison of products. I really like the reference info, but I am finding an increasing need for info on using tools, which generally have a "purpose" stated,e.g. ring stretcher, But, NOT a how to, particularly on some of the overseas products which come in a box and that's it.........

Separate sections for areas such as silversmithing, wire work, pmc and fimo, etc., would be good.

AND, of course, keen pricing please!!
    Last edited by Tabby66; 24-02-2011 at 07:58 PM.

It would be SO good to have something like that here in Canada. We don't have anything to compare that I know about.

I'd need to check, but I thought the Rio catalogue had more than just products?

Web site for ordering, the cook book while looking for ideas.

quicker to look at a wider range of findings etc, also helps with remembering what the thing is call so you can put it in the search engine.
    now if the search engine could search on things like" it looks a bit like this but a bit more bent and a loop at the back" the book can do this just by flicking through the pages.

I need both.
    Neil

you're right! there are two, one for product, and one for tools. (there might be a third for I'm not sure what.... )

but it's American.

I had been getting all my supplies from Lacey, in Toronto, but they closed that location this year, after DECADES, and now ship from Vancouver.
    I really prefer to shop in person, and am hunting for a more local supplier.
    might have to try Robert Hall, in St. George.

Quote Originally Posted by more534 View Post
    you're right! there are two, one for product, and one for tools. (there might be a third for I'm not sure what.... )

but it's American.

I had been getting all my supplies from Lacey, in Toronto, but they closed that location this year, after DECADES, and now ship from Vancouver.
    Does it make a difference in shipping costs now that the supplier has moved to the USA? Vancouver is still extremely close to the Canadian border, however being on the west coast could add thousands of extra miles of shipping to the UK I suppose. I've never had a Cook Book, I would like one! I'm not sure I've seen them offered online, do I need to go to Cookson's shop to get one?
    Last edited by Sandra; 29-10-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Does it make a difference in shipping costs now that the supplier has moved to the USA?
    Erm... Vancouver's in British Colombia. It's fairly close to the border, but I don't believe it's been annexed yet. It's not Hawaii, after all...

I
    Quote Originally Posted by more534 View Post

but it's American.

You'd be amazed how many of us buy equipment from Rio Grande, even with shipping costs it's sometimes cheaper than buying in the UK or they have goods still not available here

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Does it make a difference in shipping costs now that the supplier has moved to the USA? Vancouver is still extremely close to the Canadian border, however being on the west coast could add thousands of extra miles of shipping to the UK I suppose. I've never had a Cook Book, I would like one! I'm not sure I've seen them offered online, do I need to go to Cookson's shop to get one?
    You can order the Cookbook on line Sandra, if I remember it's free with an order over a certain amount