Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be honest...

Default Be honest...

what do you think of this? it's one end of a lariat necklace.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00450-20110219-1959.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	2742Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00449-20110219-1959.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	2743

It's a pretty colour. What is it made of?

Sonia
    x

It's coral, but the dyed stuff. I'm not sure about it.

Er, it's a "no" from me!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Er, it's a "no" from me!
    Care to expand, Joe? and you can be brutal. I have my big girl's knickers on!

Sorry Medusa, it's a no from me too. I'm not sure if it's the background you have taken the picture on but it looks plastic, maybe if we could see the whole piece as it's meant to be worn, I could offer a better opinion!

OK you said be honest - I think its a bit chunky and angular - looks as though its been added on as a bit of an afterthought.

I think its the way my mind works but to me it looks a bit like a section of artery or similar

Shudder... Myosotis hit it clearly... it looks organic but not in a good way! I might not stay very long at a stand that had this amongst the items on show.

It's good and valuable to get reactions - customers are going to feel similar things but not tell you why they walked off.

On the other hand, it can be good to challenge for some markets; there are places where people will recognise and explore their initial aversion to something; perhaps buying a piece for the precise reason that it generates an emotional response.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Shudder... Myosotis hit it clearly... it looks organic but not in a good way! I might not stay very long at a stand that had this amongst the items on show.

It's good and valuable to get reactions - customers are going to feel similar things but not tell you why they walked off.

On the other hand, it can be good to challenge for some markets; there are places where people will recognise and explore their initial aversion to something; perhaps buying a piece for the precise reason that it generates an emotional response.
    I think its more a combination of the shape with that deep red that gives me a bit of an "eeuw" reaction - it might look quite nice if it had been dyed a different colour.