Thread: engraver's first steps into jewellery

Default engraver's first steps into jewellery

Hello,

I am a full time self employed engraver and I am looking at starting to make jewellery.
    I have made some earrings this week as i figured out it would be the easiest thing to start with. I used beads and silver wire and frankly I cannot wait to learn more !

Hi Katia,
    Best of luck on your new venture, as an engraver you should use your skills in your jewellery especially if you skills include saw piercing. Have you seen the engraver's forums, if not join them and you will see what jewellery other engravers are making. I read two engraver forums, The Engravers Cafe, and the Lyndsay Forum for engravers, just Google them if you want to see them.
    Cheers, James

Hi Katia - I haven't responded to your PM over at Steve's yet, sorry - welcome!

Bond, mr Bond! It's you!! Why, I say, of course!
    Thanks for the welcome and your advices have been very valuable. I have since then picked up my first engraving student. Living the dream...
    And thanks Goldsmith, but I am already part of the other 2 fora. They are indeed extremely good.

Quote Originally Posted by Katia View Post
    Bond, mr Bond! It's you!! Why, I say, of course!
    Yeah, I know, you've been expecting me...

Thanks for the welcome and your advices have been very valuable. I have since then picked up my first engraving student. Living the dream...
    Excellent stuff! Congratulations!

Hi Katia,
    Thanks for showing me this forum. Hope we can both learn a lot here.
    Daniel

Hi Daniel!
    Nice to see you here, but beware, mr Bond is in here and he's been expecting us! we will not be able to take over the world. Damnation!