Thread: Hello from USA

Question Hello from USA

Hello everyone! Judson here. I'm from Clanton, a small town in the center of the state of Alabama. I've been a master jeweler since the age of 18. I know, standards are different here for that title, but I literally haved devoted my life to the industry. My father went to work in ajewelry store at the age of 19 so you might say I was born into it. As a child I hovered around the watchmakers bench and the jewelers bench. I didn't care much for the sales floor so that's where my love for being a bench jeweler began. Like a child with wildflowers for mom or a refrigerator Piccaso I love seeing faces light up when they see a creation for the first time.
    At the age of 29, my father opened his own store. I started at the usual spot. Sweeping, carrying the garbage out and such but still hnging around the bench. By the time I was fourteen, I was doing repairs for the public. My father loved to sell and I prefered the bench so it made a wonderful combination. 36 years after my Father , with my Mother by his side, started what became one of the most recognized stores in the southeast the store closed. My mother lost a 6 year battle with cancer and my father grieved himself to death 9 months later. My sister inherited the business and I inherited the 170 acre farm. It was my parents and now my piece of heaven on earth. I am building my studio looking over my 30 acre lake for inspiration in a new area of the jewelry world. This is what led me to this forum. I still do the repairs for my sisters new store but I am devoting most of my time to art jewelry and art in general. I have already been inspired from the short time I've spent here and I thank you for this opportunity to connect with others!

Hi Judson,
    Welcome! It will be lovely to see some of your work and to share ideas (and gain from your experience!!).
    Tabby

Welcome Hudson, Post some Pix and share some Tricks. Kind regards, Dennis.

Hi Judson, looking forward to seeing some of your work. Welcome to the forum!
    Lorraine

Hello Judson, great to meet you!
    Dragonfly (Lynne)

http://www.thedragonflycompany.com

for all things chain maille - supplies, chain maille kits and tuition

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup!