Thread: Looking for Gold Filled Sheet Metal/Discs/Tags

Default Looking for Gold Filled Sheet Metal/Discs/Tags

Hi there! I am looking for gold filled sheet metal, discs or tags for metal stamping. I've had a good look through cooksongold.com and couldn't find anything. I also googled and couldn't find any suppliers within the UK. Does anyone know of any UK suppliers of any of these?

You're not alone Ruth, I understand a number of people have been asking Cookies to consider stocking gold filled.

However, gold filled is not great for stamped work - I know a lot of people in the US do it, but it does compromise the plating, and thus the longevity of the end product. For the gold 'look' brass or gilding metal can be acceptable alternatives. Otherwise silver can be plated after stamping.

Speaking of Gold Filled, does anyone know if it is OK to send in to Cookies as Gold scrap?
    Lucinda

Quote Originally Posted by agent_44 View Post
    Speaking of Gold Filled, does anyone know if it is OK to send in to Cookies as Gold scrap?
    I wouldn't have thought so Luce - it's almost all brass!

I thought as much, but it was woth asking I suppose, I have a pile from years ago I don't know what to do with and I am trying to have a clear out, I would love to get shot of it!
    Lucinda