Grretings to all here. I joined the forum years ago (two at least) but have never had the courage to post anything, although I have looked in from time to time.

I'm based in Liverpool and I've been making jewellery for about ten years, progressing from beading through a bit of wirework to full-on metalwork with some courses at Wirral Met.

My favourite metals are copper and titanium, and that's what's motivated me to take the plunge and post a query here. I'm finding it difficult to source titanium sheet or even find any clear information about titanium grades. I'm coming to realise that British and American classifications for titanium are very different. Can anyone out there tell me what is the softest (ie easiest to cut with a piercing saw) grade of pure titanium? Even better would be a recommendation for a supplier.

Hope I haven't transgressed any rules in this posting. I wasn't sure if it's acceptable to ask a question at the same time as introducing myself, but other people seem to have so I'm guessing it's ok.

Denise