Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who have not seen the Knew Concept piercing saw

Default For those who have not seen the Knew Concept piercing saw

If you have not seen the Knew Concept piercing saw, check out this YouTube video of Andrew Berry showing it,
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SuttonTools

It's cheaper at Palmer Metals though

Honestly James, I like the way you talk about the frame more - and indeed I bought the titanium frame you'd been using on that basis. It isn't just your extensive experience, you are so confident with the subject that you write very clearly! I wonder if you could be persuaded to approach retirement with a view to making some dvd's and writing tutorial books? They would sell like hot cakes!

For me, it's the quick tensioner on the larger frame that is the new feature that speeds things up. When Lee puts one on the small aluminium frame, I'll buy one of those too!
    Last edited by Joe; 22-01-2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Sp

Thanks for your comments Joe, I am starting to write a techniques book and have been asked by others to do a video showing my piercing techniques, I will have a go at the video in the Spring and perhaps show it via Ganoksin or YouTube.
    There is a version of the aluminium frame with the tensioning lever fitted being offered very soon, there will also be kits of the tensioning lever available for those who wish to upgrade their original standard Knew Concept frames.
    I have had questions asking if it is worth paying the extra cash for these frames,my short answer is that they may be too expensive for hobbyists, but if you are working to make a living at this trade then let the tax man pay for decent tools for you. I covered the costs of my frames with my first piercing job after I had recieved them.
    James

Very glad to hear you are looking at writing and possibly videos James. I agree with Joe, your advice is so clear and helpful!

A book by James, can I pre-order?????

Lorraine

You've seen this one, presumably? More eye-candy than instruction - and very, very good.

I want James' instructions rather than just to be able to drool over what he has done (although the fact that you can get his great book on offer on Amazon at present is really tempting!!!)
    Lorraine

Yeah - me too!
    (well, actually I want both)

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Yeah - me too!
    (well, actually I want both)
    Me too - I'm hoping the amazon offer on his current book lasts until pay day so I can treat myself.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/