Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More PMC "Thoth" Collar

With the amount of materials and time it would need to be £295 - £350 retail...
    This would be in line with this type of piece in marketplaces such as Etsy (i.e aprox $489 dollars)
    Whether is sells or not is another matter - so many folks would pay that for Tiffany blah blah
    but not for Artisan unique pieces....

Thank goodness there's a select few who appreciate one offs!!
    Nic x
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

I'm glad you would put a big price tag on it and its lovely to see big impressive pieces of work.

I love making big expensive pieces, but I hate having to account for the fact that I may never sell my them
    I refuse to put a small price tag on them!

Quote Originally Posted by MuranoSilver View Post
    Well the whole thing weighs 75.8g and there's about 50g of clay in the three main sections.
    Just took a picture of the rear for you (I had fun in my head with you wanting a picture of my rear though! ROFL)
    Nic x
    Ye Gods!!! ...yes Thoth included!! ....forget it - I'm NEVER going to play with the 'big boys'!!

I would think the maximum I could get for a piece of silver jewellery in this area would be about £100...no one cares about Artisan Jewellers around here!!

And thank you for showing me your back side!! ...and I'm glad I tickled you!! I did think about starting a thread a couple of weeks ago asking if people would show us their back sides...but thought I might me censored and kicked off the forum...."no...no ...you've got it all wrong!!!...I didn't mean..."

It is lovely though...your back side, that is! That is certainly something I must worker harder at... but it is very hard to sand down tiny, thin pieces without wearing them away entirely!!

But Barbara, when you play witht the big boys you are not limited by area - you send your stuff up to London and sell it there.
    Di x

I've just read 'purple' Lesley's 'signature' line and I think it fits in very well in answer to what you have just said...

'It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live.'

I might be able to sell the odd piece for that amount...if I could elbow Nic out of the way first!!... but what puts the bread and butter on the table for the rest of the year??

....and I would have to invest £80 in pmc and heaven knows how many hours....and I could have made half a dozen other little pieces out of that ...which I have more chance of selling...
    Last edited by Solunar Silver Studio; 12-08-2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: added an afterthought...

Don't tread in jack boots all over my dreams! My fantasy land is sometimes a whole lot better than the life I inhabit (the jewellery fantasies I mean )
    Di x

We all have our crosses to bear

....for example....I am now going to help my 'baby'...now 18 and preparing for Uni... to put mahogany streaks in his 'faux hawk'... (look it up!!...get some Google practice!!...), he is developing his new 'image'. I have already 'customised' one of his suit jackets, with some magical tailoring, to fit in with his new style!! and he was so pleased I think he wants me to do the rest of them.....mutter, mutter....I bet Nic isn't interupted like this...mutter, mutter!!!!

I have some surfer beads to make for number one son (22) who is off to a beach party tomorrow...
    Di x

Ooooo - love to see them....I'm still not very up with male jewellery. Number 3 child (number 1 son) 21 wouldn't be seen dead wearing jewellery of any kind...and as I say, number 2 son (fourth child) is currently undergoing a complete transformation - from scruffy, don't give a damn, teen to a tailored, tweeked and touselled 'style GOD!!' (groan)...don't know what he'll ask for next...... I'm just getting the dinner sorted and waiting for the time to wash the die off...5 minutes to go... Let's see if his hair is any where near as red as my finger tip...blimin plastic gloves!!!

Lovely, Nic