Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Moon Willow

Cool Hi from Moon Willow

Having read a great deal of desperate pleas from the forum faithful I decided it would be of great interest to join in and give my 2 peneth worth from time to time.

I've been a bench jeweller for over 40 years (Regalia) and teaching for over 14 years, I'm a strong believer in learning to walk before you run (Design,sawpiercing, soldering, filing, forming) so many newbies hit the beads and clay and restrict themselfs, nothing ventured nothing gained!!!

I just might be able to help out with the odd problem from time to time

Regards Carlton

Welcome Carlton,
    I am sure you will find many on this forum willing to pick your brains. I spent the first fifteen years of my career making regalia for Garrards and then moved on from there. After 50 years at the bench I am looking forward to retirement this year.

Cheers, James

Welcome Carlton, Looking forward to your input, Kind regards Dennis.

Hi and welcome. Looking forward to picking your brains as well.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

Hello Carlton
    Dragonfly (Lynne)

http://www.thedragonflycompany.com

for all things chain maille - supplies, chain maille kits and tuition

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup!

Yeah James,

I've done work for Garrards, Mappin and Webb ect... now I know why !! you left and no-one else could do your work ha ha ha, have a great retirement.

Dragonfly Lynne you have a great way of getting people interested in jewellery ..........give them rings, they luv them :-)) a byzantine chain is one of the first things I teach my students.

Dennis and Anne I look forward to the odd chat ;-)
    Carlton (Moonwillow........Wisbech)
    Last edited by Moon Willow; 03-01-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Carlton,
    When I stopped making regalia for Garrard, I moved on to making work for Asprey. Check out my photo album on my profile to see what I have made since the mainly regalia times. I think the last major piece of regalia I made for Garrard was a Black Rod for the parliament of New South Wales, may I ask what regalia you made for Garrard? I made everything from CBEs up to The Order of the Garter along with a few Field Marshal's Batons and various mayoral regalia sets.
    James
    James Miller FIPG.
    Last edited by Goldsmith; 03-01-2011 at 07:19 PM.

James

Now that's what I call a Master Goldsmith of which I'm not !! just looked at your profile pics and they have class written all over them, although looking at the book cover I'm sure I renovated the top right jewel. (That's my claim to fame)

Okay here's my roll call of jewels I've made (memory not that good) In 2010 C.b.e's, D.s.o's, G.c.b's, K.c.b and others, mmmmmmm prior that around 8 or 10 Sheriff's badge's or Shriffal's what ever they want to call them (London, Old Bailey Judges), Ships wheel was my fav, ex mayors jewels by the ton including I think the Sheffield which is the Garrard one, I've knocked dents out of the F.A cup and repaired the mace from parliment.

I do not wish to mention the company which still employ me at the moment although you'll guess which one using the info above (All will be revealed soon)

Onward and forward
    Carlton

Hi Carlton,

I have an idea who you work for, possibly T,K,&S. The badge on my book cover was for the Chairman of Tiverton District Council, it was one of my own designs and was commissioned by Viscount Lord Amory circa 1976. Before I started my own company in 1985, I worked for Padgett & Braham and then McCabe McCarty, both who are no longer in business,before I left each company I had reached the level of workshop manager in both.
    Cheers, James