Thread: hellloooo

Default hellloooo

Hello everyone,

Am pretty new to forums, not too sure on how they work exactly, but what a wealth of knowledge is out here.

I'm full time carer, with a workshop at home (posh name for a draughty shed) that is my space for chillaxing. I'm getting back into metal after a couple of years break with hand problems.

I love stone's, the colour, raw & cut and setting them. I mostly work in silver but have some family commissions coming up using golds, useful for portfolio work. I use Kernowcraft, Cooksons & Manchester Minerals for stones but would like to set more unusual cuts, does anybody know of possible suppliers? I'd like to play about with more raw stones & have a list in my head of techniques I want to explore.

I also enjoy walking my dogs, spinning fibres, felting, textiles & making wine

sarah

Hi Sarah,

Try Designer Cabochons, a lovely stone site. Welcome btw

Tabby

Welcome Sarah,
    I wish my dogs could do all that,
    Regards, Dennis.

Hi Sarah, I make a lot of jewellery for my daughter, who likes coloured stones, I buy my stone stock from Channel Island Gems on Ebay,
    CHANNEL ISLAND GEMS LTD items - Get great deals on CLEARANCE SALE, CUBIC ZIRCONIA items on eBay.co.uk Shops! ,they are mostly Lab grown gems which are great colours and cheap.
    Here is an example of the type of rings I make for my daughter, this is a lab grown 12mm diameter pink sapphire set in silver.
    James

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77 silver ring rub with over setting.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	2522

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    I buy my stone stock from Channel Island Gems on Ebay
    Oh? I thought they had shut down ages back! Nice to see them back.

Thanks for the stone sites, I'll have definately have a look. I'm going to the spring fair at the NEC next year too so that should be pretty exciting to see and look.
    My dogs are a handful after the wine lol

sarah