Thread: An hour in Hatton Garden.....

Default An hour in Hatton Garden.....

I may get the chance to have an hour or so in Hatton Garden next week whilst in London. If you had an hour or so there, where would you visit (to view or to buy )!!

Tabby

Hi Tabby

Depends what you are looking for - Cooksons have catalogues out that you can browse through and a few cabinets with bits and bobs in but it's not very "hands-on"; Walsh's is good for tools - Cooksons and Walsh's are both in Hatton Garden; then there's Rashbel in Greville Street (Chancery Lane end of Hatton Garden) which is small but has quite a lot out so you can physically see what there is to buy (as opposed to looking in a catalogue) - they have a small tools section downstairs too.

Then of course there's all the jewellers shop windows for insipration!

Main tip - avoid lunch hour!

Have fun, Susie

Thanks Susie,

Not necessarily to buy (I seem to be able to spend enough online & in B'ham JQ!!), though a look at Rashbels sounds good, I've ordered from them in the past. Are there any shops with more individual designers in rather than mass produced sparklies? or a gallery??

Many thanks
    Tabby

Tabby, here is my suggestion, click:http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/lou...on-garden.html
    Kind regards, Dennis.

Thank you Dennis. How did you know I already had a pair of pallion cutters sat in my Cookies basket! One of your recommendations. They've been there some time waiting for the next freepost!! That sounds a wonderful and interesting tour I may just manage to persuade my husband to take

Thank you both.