Thread: new pieces to share

Default new pieces to share

I haven't been here for quite a long time. I've just spent about 2 hours catching up on the posts. Whew! Great stuff and beautiful pieces displayed! You folks are inspiring!

Numbers 1,3 and 4 are made from some neat stones I bought in Sept in Vancouver BC. I was in a rock shop and could have stayed for days!! They had a wonderful and huge assortment.
    The second piece is actually an anklet I did as a commision. Kind of strange to wear this on your ankle- but what the heck. It has a lampwork cab and bead along with my Tortured Copper with sterling.
    The fifth piece was a test of patience. It is made from copper and sterling and fashioned into a rose shape. Great fun filing the bottom of the "rose" so that I could successfully solder it onto the "tortured copper" back piece.
    Thanks for looking!
    Cathy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails labrodorite leaf (Small).jpg   Anklet focal.jpg   Landscape Jasper 2 (Small).jpg   red mossy agate pend (Small).jpg   sm rose2.jpg  

Wow... anklet is fab!

They are all lovely. I too like very much the anklet , it looks like you have used pieces of cut off to make some of the components which is something i try to do. I also like the triangular claw set piece very much.

That's great Cathy, and you've been working hard. It's only five degrees C. in London, so a bit cold to show off anklets, Kind regards, Dennis.

Would love that anklet as a bracelet !

They're all great

They really are lovely Cathy. I love the "randomness" of your work. It's something I struggle with.

beautiful work Cathy, I'd wear them all, well the anklet if i was younger, but it is all stunning work

Especially love the piece with the rose on!

Ha ha, like Carole I struggle with 'randomness' and 'organic' although I love it. Even with my fold formed pieces I end up neatening edges etc!!