Thread: Newbie

Default Newbie

Hi

This is the 1st forum that I have joined. This is due to me starting to make a bracelet that appeared in Make Jewellery magazine. To make it I require a tool that my class tutor does not have, so, I wrote to the deputy editor and she sent me a thread for this site, but, I had to join up to communicate with the maker of the particular tool.

From what I have seen so far I have done the right thing by becoming a part of this community.

ps I would like to make contact with Peter Bond who make the tool I am interested in. Please advise how I to do this.

Many thanks
    Crafteem

Hi again Marjorie - and a belated welcome; if you follow this link http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/cla...html#post39534 you'll see I've posted a brief update on how the current batch are coming along. *Might* manage to complete them this evening, it depends on how things go. I've got some of the smaller ones on hand still, it really depends upon what size you're working with. You can also make your own out of a chunk of hardwood relatively easily (although power tools make it a lot faster to do).

I *still* need to add some pictures to the tutorial here - http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/tut...-tutorial.html (got them, I just haven't had time!).

Hi and welcome
    Peter beat me to the link to his tools!!

Hi Peter

I nearly gave up as I thought my message did not get to you. I have requested one on the link you directd me to. Not sure of the size as this was not mentioned in the project, I suppose a large one would be better. I really don't mind as long as I get one. Look forward to getting one soon.

Regards
    Marjorie

Thanks for the welcome.