Thread: Website tools

Default Website tools

Hi,

I have only recently joined however this is likely to be my most frequently visited thread. ALL Jewellery is good and beautiful in the eye of the beholder. Selling it though is the hard part.

I want to learn as much as I can about effective selling of jewellery - at parties, at events and online - also the display and marketing side of things are things I really need to get a handle on.

So first up I wondered if anyone would like to offer some advice on my new website - I have only recently decided to go online after a couple of years of moderate success with parties and functions etc. Please have a peek at DAZZLERS and offer some advice (be frank, I want this to work so I need constructive criticism). Am I pushing too much "buy now" banners and text etc ....or not enough ??? - is the site too busy or ok (product is obviously price sensitive) - that and other relevant stuff is what I need advice / opinions on.

cheers,
    Ruby
    Dazzlers - Simply Stunning

Hi,

The first thing i notice is adverts for other sites such as Tefal. These may bring u small income, but they made me think this was just a landing site with some small amount of info just about earning advertising info. if i wasnt looking at the site to review it i would leave instantly im afraid.

If you make the pieces yourself dont mention bargain prices, you should be about quality and bespoke.

regards

Stuart

I totally agree with Stuart. Even the boxes which do reference your products just look like adverts for different companies etc as there is not much conformity.
    After reading the text I see that you do make all the jewellery yourself - but first impressions of the site don't make me think that, and I'm afraid I would normally leave a site like this before reading any text to find out more.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear! I think generally the whole website needs to feel more personal.

Also I'm a little confused - on the website you say your name is Chris. Here you are Ruby...

Hi,
    I'm curious when you say you make all the jewellery yourself, do you mean you make up the bracelets and necklaces or you make the actual bracelets, necklaces and charms? I agree with the other two comments about the adverts on the site being off putting, I would have also left straight away normally. I found the site hard to navigate, took me a while to find pictures, and couldn't find your daughters jewellery or any earrings anywhere, also there was no information with each picture, just said gold chain and gold drop, I assume you mean gold tone as it is't possible for it to be 9ct gold at that price, I would have liked some info with each item, which are sterling silver? which ae Tibetan silver? what other metals were used? as a person with metal allergies I would not be able to buy anything even if I wanted to because of lack of information on individual items. Sorry to be negative but you asked for it, and I do think these are valid points. Good luck with it
    Wendy

totally agree with the above comments - it looks a bit like a Hong Kong bargain basement site. If people are looking for hand made jewellery they tend to want something that has a uniqueness about it -

too many colours and boxes of different messages wtc - its way too busy.

I can't say anything other than what all the above posters have already said. As soon as I opened it I lost interest. It looks dodgy - I wouldn't buy from there.

Quote Originally Posted by abyjem View Post
    totally agree with the above comments - it looks a bit like a Hong Kong bargain basement site. If people are looking for hand made jewellery they tend to want something that has a uniqueness about it -

too many colours and boxes of different messages wtc - its way too busy.
    I am sorry, but I didn't even navigate to any of the other pages, it just put me off when I saw the first page, so I think that you really need to think again on how your site needs to be.
    Love and light,
    Maggie[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT