Thread: A piece I am very pleased with

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A piece I am very pleased with

I was not going to show this piece for the simple reason I did not have the confidence to set the stones. I have tried to flush set and cannot get the hang of it.

I was looking through the forums for info on scrap and came across a thread about setting diamonds in silver. I was most encouraged when I saw a comment from Dennis, whom I admire greatly for his help here and for the lovely work he shows, which said in effect that there was no shame in getting the help of a stone setter. Well I did, 13 little diamonds total of 1.14 carat into this nautilus shell design of my own.

I have one of those fossil slices of a nautilus on which I based the cutting.

I have only been working with silver since about March and to date this is my favourite piece.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DiamondNautilusforum.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	2419

That is lovely!
    Jo
    Daisychain Jewellery - Handcrafted sterling silver jewellery and jewellery tuition
    www.daisychainjewellery.co.uk
    www.daisychaindesignsjewellery.blogspot.com

That is very beautiful. I adore the chambers. Can you please post a higher-res picture!

:0) thank you Jo and Joe, I understood our photos had to be 20k and that one is already 25k which is the first time I have broken the rule. I will pop a higher res pic in your messages Joe, if I can.

If you use a hosting service like flickr or photobucket, you can post any size picture you like

Thanks George, I just discovered I cannot attach pics in private message so uploaded a pic to flickr to send to Joe. I will certainly bear it in mind in future as the 20k limit is really very small.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12340604@N02/5140714567/
    Last edited by Kwant; 02-11-2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: added flickr link