Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One Size Fits All? No Not Quite.

neat solution to a common problem!
    Another option is to do the "lucky bag" crossover in reverse
    (behind the setting) will post picture when at home & have the cord
    nic xx
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

I've got to make an adjustable ring and not sure how to go about it - it's for a lady who has rather large knuckles - she wants a ring in size P to fit her finger, but wants it to be adjustable so that she can slip it over her big knuckle and then for it to bounc back to size P to fir the finger - does that make sense? What's the best way of going about this? Would I make a ring that's a couple fo size bigger and then saw through this and round off the ends and then make these cross over and shrink it down to a size P?

Any advice, much appreciated.

Thanks
    E
    Find Milomade online - follow the links below....
    Website | Instagram

Dear E,
    I do not know of any system which can be adjusted on a daily basis without cracking. So I would make the ring to pass closely over the knuckle and fit a matching Ring Clip from Cooksons to steady it on the thin part of the finger. It is not an elegant solution, but if the lady will accept it, I know it works. If you will refer back to my post you will note that large and heavy settings make things worse.
    Kind regards, Dennis.

Thanks for your comments and the suggestion of using a ring clip. I'm not sure the customer would go for that to be honest as I did suggest it and she didn't like the idea. I said it might be possible to make an open ring - maybe I should make up the blank and try it out and see how it functions, but agree that with constant movement, it'll probably crack.
    Website | Instagram

What about a 'between fingers' ring? So you just have an shank at the back, and (presumably) two buttons, perhaps of different sizes, which sit on top of the gaps in the fingers rather than on top of the finger itself.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. The ring the customer has ordered is one of my sea glass rings...

like this:
    Sea Glass Rings | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Website | Instagram

like this

Floating Saucer Series Ring by ColleenBaran, on Flickr

lots of variations, but no need for accurate sizing. You just need to ensure that the two 'top' pieces are large enough to hold in place.

Wow - that's really lovely - I love this idea - but it'll probably double the cost of the ring, so I know she won't go for it, but I now know what you mean and that would look lovely with buttons! I might have to give it a go. It would work very well with sea glass too.
    Website | Instagram

Brilliant George, it never occurred to me that they could solve this problem. Dennis.

i did the cross over behind the bezel but it still feels lucky bag to me, I'm just a beginner so maybe I can improve on things .
    George I've never seen a piece like that, will it stay on?