Thread: One Size Fits All? No Not Quite.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thank you Dennis - I always struggle with ring sizing and have been looking for an alternative - may give this a try if you don't mind.

Sonia
    x

What a very clever design - completely agree with you on the nightmares of ring sizing -

a lovely ring dennis thank you for sharing . I have made some that just wrapped around at the front under the bezel but my Dad said they looked like lucky bag rings. i would like to give it a go too if that's ok with you

As it happens, I made a "resizeable" ring this very weekend! Not my usual fayre, but I needed a present for a friend and I could only guess at her ring size...

It's based on the idea of a vine wrapping around her finger with a single leaf off-shoot and a curly, exploratory tendril... which allows for the basic structure to be a simple spiral of varying diameter. The shank is made thin enough that she can tweak it for size herself...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Topaz Ring_side.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	2417

Jille, be my guest, but let us know how you get on. It's always more more fun with some feedback.
    Joe, that is one romantic ring with its leaf and tendril. I know several people who would like to wear it.
    Somewhere there is also a version for an adjustable ring by George. Hopefully she can put it on again.
    Kind regards, Dennis.

thanks Dennis, it will be in the new year as i don't have time to play, just now I'm making glass items. I think as a beginner mine will be a simplified version, i will post a picture, if/ when i get round to it. I'll put up the lucky bag rings if i get a moment at the weekend. i don't have them with me just now

Dennis would you mind if I had a go at your design too? it looks so much nicer than the run of the mill adjustables that as said before look like "luckybag rings" lol.

I will happily post pics of my results, even if they are pants compared to yours and that lovely vine ring by Jo