Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wanted fly press!!!

Ah... I'd forgotten about the Eggs. I was still puzzling over the golden gun, as that would seem to be a bit of a waste of your skills, but couldn't remember anything more ornate.

sorry to bring up an old post everyone, a quick question would an arbor press be sufficient to use the bonny doon sillouette dies to cut silver sheet pieces out and the texture plates? or would i need a hydraulic press? Can anyone recommend a good press if so?

regards

Stuart

Well I've seen some pretty big arbor presses and you can buy some pretty thin sheet silver... but if you're talking about using a little 1T press on 1mm silver for shapes bigger than a tuppence then no, it won't.

There are lots of hydraulic presses cheaper than a Bonny Doon and of course the fly-press of the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Well I've seen some pretty big arbor presses and you can buy some pretty thin sheet silver... but if you're talking about using a little 1T press on 1mm silver for shapes bigger than a tuppence then no, it won't.

There are lots of hydraulic presses cheaper than a Bonny Doon and of course the fly-press of the thread title.
    Thanks Joe,

i am looking at getting a cheaper hydraulic press, it will do the work i want. Does anyone know of any other good die suppliers for jewellery making or are the bonny doon ones a good option.

regards

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by stu_clouds View Post
    Thanks Joe,

i am looking at getting a cheaper hydraulic press, it will do the work i want. Does anyone know of any other good die suppliers for jewellery making or are the bonny doon ones a good option.

regards

Stuart
    Potter's have quite a big selection http://www.potterusa.com/index.php?o...d=12&Itemid=53

I have one of these but I don't use it for cutting.

Joe