Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: student discount

Smile student discount

Hi
    I've just started a full time jewellery course at Northenden campus and was wondering if you offered student discount on tools, I've been a customer of yours for months now and hope to be for many years to come, but the kit needed for college is fairly extensive totaling approx £280+vat, I would like to be able to get it all from you rather than trying to find cheaper alternatives, but I as I also need some silver wire and beads it's rather a lot for one outlay.
    Eagerly awaiting your response
    Wendy
    ps have been telling all the students about this forum and recomending it, and you as suppliers

Its unlikely, thats like asking a book shop situated on a uni campus if they give discount for students? but good luck.

All my college books were discounted if I bought them on campus........but I doubt this place does.

I believe other suppliers do discount for students, so fingers crossed! It would be a good way for Cookies to build loyalty early on in the students' careers.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    I believe other suppliers do discount for students, so fingers crossed! It would be a good way for Cookies to build loyalty early on in the students' careers.
    I agree - I found it very useful to get a discount when I was a student, but this was with a couple of other well-known suppliers.
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

I would certainly appreciate it as well, as an MA art and design student who is using jewellery in my work... even just a small amount... every little helps as a student.

The silence is deafening!

I did recieve a phone call from cooksons regarding this, but was on my way to college, the lady said they don't normally do discount but if I give her my list they may be able to do something, I didn't have list with me and found it hard to hear as we have a very old and noisey vw t25, so I had to call her back the next day, but the next day I was at the hospital and by the time I got home the person I needed to speak to had left, this person was not in on fri so I will have to call back on mon. This is just to let you know the post was not ignored and I'm still hopefull having discovered that quite a few suppliers do offer student discount :-)
    Wendy

Good for Cookies! A very positive result. I hope they follow through.

oh the student discount, not fair !